ReThink Studio is seeking a Junior Architect with strong design and drafting skills to develop drawings and presentation material for our urban transit proposals. Ideal candidates are talented designers with previous drafting experience, a strong graphic sensibility, and a basic understanding of Adobe After Effects. Strong visual skills, self‐motivation, critical‐thinking skills, and a desire and ability to learn quickly are essential. Preference will be given to applicants with a strong technical understanding of urban systems and standard means of representation, as well as the ability to present complex ideas in a clear and articulate manner.
• Efficiently draw, design and develop transit proposals at multiple scales
• Distill complex and abstract concepts into clear and well‐illustrated drawings and narratives
• Draft and edit technical and representational drawings, diagrams and images
• Work with a team to produce and edit animations
• Assemble research, drawings, and design materials into a cohesive presentation
• Work with a team to construct descriptive narratives of proposals and supporting presentation materials
• 1 — 2 years experience working in a related role
• B.Arch., M.Arch., or equivalent
• Fluency in AutoCAD, Adobe CC (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), GIS
• Knowledge of Adobe After Effects preferred
• Interest in and technical understanding of urban transit systems (rail, bus, metro, etc.)
• Strong graphic sensibility with regards to the visualization of data, maps, and diagrams
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and multi‐task
We are looking for someone who is self‐motivated and talented to join our team. If you’re passionate about what we’re doing and feel that you have the skills to contribute, please email us your resume with a cover letter to [email protected] Please let us know why you would like to join the ReThinkNYC production team and how you feel you could best contribute to our efforts.