ReThink Studio is seeking a Junior Architect with strong design and drafting skills to develop drawings and presentation material for our urban transit proposals. Ideal candidates are talented designers with previous drafting experience, a strong graphic sensibility, and a basic understanding of Adobe After Effects. Strong visual skills, self-motivation, critical-thinking skills, and a desire and ability to learn quickly are essential. Preference will be given to applicants with a strong technical understanding of urban systems and standard means of representation, as well as the ability to present complex ideas in a clear and articulate manner.
• Efficiently draw, design and develop transit proposals at multiple scales
• Distill complex and abstract concepts into clear and well-illustrated drawings and narratives
• Draft and edit technical and representational drawings, diagrams and images
• Work with a team to produce and edit animations
• Assemble research, drawings, and design materials into a cohesive presentation
• Work with a team to construct descriptive narratives of proposals and supporting presentation materials
• 1 — 2 years experience working in a related role
• B.Arch., M.Arch., or equivalent
• Fluency in AutoCAD, Adobe CC (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), GIS
• Knowledge of Adobe After Effects preferred
• Interest in and technical understanding of urban transit systems (rail, bus, metro, etc.)
• Strong graphic sensibility with regards to the visualization of data, maps, and diagrams
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and talented to join our team. If you’re passionate about what we’re doing and feel that you have the skills to contribute, please email us your resume with a cover letter to [email protected] Please let us know why you would like to join the ReThinkNYC production team and how you feel you could best contribute to our efforts.